Friday 11 May 2012

Laziness...

Evidently i've been extremely lazy this time, to the tune of three months.

There's a reason for this. I suppose you could call it settling. The thing is, these days, those crazy things that first shocked or amused me are just accepted parts of daily life. The ridiculous decisions, the strange rules, the funny spelling mistakes, they're all just a given now as far as i'm concerned!

I think the problem is that we're both ready to make a move. I've definitely got a slight bit of work fatigue going on. It's not in the sense that i'm busy, just in that I do the same thing, week in, week out. It certainly makes me applaud people who do this job for five years plus. They're heroes!

Michelle and I both had our parents round anyway. First my folks, then Michelle's. That kept us busy for a good 6 weeks or so. it was actually really nice having them here. It was nice to see the whole 'new world' look in their eyes when something unexpected happened.

Kids at school are still good. I gave one class each a photocopy of my signed Park Ji-Sung card and they just went insane. Some kids laminated it. Ever since then, when I ask a question, I get this...


It's nice to have a class to look forward to every week. They literally come through the door saying, 'Teacher, this week... umm.. pick me! Pick me!' I've actually been altering my classes with them to ask more questions, because if I don't get around everyone they tend to get a little grumpy about it, like i've forgotten them! Bless.

I went on my first school trip too. First to the water works (wow!), then to a castle (it was actually just a few bricks, barely a wall), then to this famous stream in the country. It was significantly better than a day of teaching, I have to say. As soon as the kids saw I was taking photos it was mayhem, so instead of nice shots of the countryside and a few bricks I got lots of kids doing peace signs. Here are a few...






The last ones from a camera crew filming the cherry blossoms. Needless to say, the kids wanted to be filmed as well.

So, this weekend we're going paragliding. Should be fun. We finally have a free day today as well, and of course it's not hot enough for the beach. Typical. The weather has turned now though. I think it swung about 30 degrees in the space of a month. We've had some scorchers already, but I heard that summer brings with it 38 degree days. I'll be on the beach for those I think. Teaching should be fun for the weekdays!

We're thinking about going to Hokkaido, Japan for our summer holiday. Apparently it's the only place around that gets a European style summer, that is without the 99% humidity and monsoon rains everyday. I think we'll need it.

We're just counting down to October really. That's when the travelling really starts. I guess this blog will be updated a fair bit more too. In theory.

No comments:

Post a Comment